Sunday, May 23, 2010

I Am Addicted To Children's Books & Landmark

I am addicted to children's books and i really think that i can dig in to any place full of books and find out a book which is very unique and would be informative..I love Landmark for this reason ..

I will be digging out and finding books from their vast collection and most of the books i find ,would have been put behind the shelves as it's not a currently moving one or not the latest hit..Funny part is ,most of the times ,Dileep would have to wait in the queue longer ,as the their machine wouldn't be recognising the ISBN number as it's an old book or the price entered for the book will be really different from the one shown in the book..Dileep knows about my craze and he is used to these scenarios now or i guess he understood his wife is little crazy and is somehow tolerating the craziness:) I am really lucky to have him as i know very few guys can tolerate these scenarios..

Recently i took a book "A Wild Elephant At Camp" by Tara Publishing. This is based on a real life incident..i got it after searching for a long time.Price on the book was 150 /- .When i went for billing ,the price shown was 6 Rs ..I was so happy..150 Rs book for 6 Rs..Great..:) But the lady in the counter was not convinced about the price and she called the store manager ,who later confimed that it was a mistake :( My bad luck..

This is just one incident and similar incidents happens everytime :)

2 comments:

  1. hey Smi, liked the post .. " Addicted " -- I can very well understand .. Even I have become like that now .. Each book stall i go i will go to Children's section ..

    "Crosswords" is my favourite .. to be frank, i havent been to landmark ..Will visit once as You have given the pointer .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah..once u r in ,u can't come ot..I do like Crossword (Only the residency Road one..dont like any other branch) but somehow felt nice when i am in Landmark OR Reliance Timeout..

    Landmark is the one i visit often and Crossword and Reliance only when there is a sale

    ReplyDelete