Thursday, June 10, 2010

Auto Drivers -Good Or Bad - NaBloPoMo Blog Marathon Post 2

Finally i decided to write about Auto Drivers after the incident which happened today morning..While commuting to office ,i normally take bus as i got fed up with Auto drivers.Today i waited for the bus for sometime and as it was early morning ,i didn't get my usual bus and then decided to take an auto.

Auto driver was okay but he was not wearing uniform.So i doubted whether he will surely come to M.G.Road .If they come without uniform ,police will surely catch them and put fine.Normally these auto drivers will say "Yes" and finally when we reach half way ,they will say "Madam,Gas got over..so we can't go"..So i was expecting the same today..So when he reached Koramangala 4th Block ,he slowed down the vehicle and acted( or really ..donno) as if his vehicle can't even move but he was a good guy.So he stopped near another auto and asked him to take me to M.G.Road.

I have the tendency to see meter every now and then and i normally don't give any extra money as i know the route and rate.So i was seeing the meter..It was perfect and was showing exact rate though it was not an electronic meter.I was relieved ..today i don't have to fight with Autowala..He stopped near my office ,i gave him money and he gave me 1 Rupee back..Very nice..When they do good deed like this (which is very rare among autowalas) ,i normally give them 10 Rs extra..But this time ,i was just enjoying the moment and forgot about the money part.I crossed the road and entered office then i heard somebody calling "Madam ,Wait.."I stopped and turned around to see my office security ..he showed me autowala who was about to start his vehicle and gave me my pen..It seems the pen had fallen down while i took money from my bag and this Autowala came back and returned the pen to the security.I shouted "Thanks" and was very happy..The Autowala made my day..

That's the good one about Autowalas..there are more bad experiences too

Another one had put his meter to show 20 Rs extra..As i was a regular traveler in the same route ,i knew the exact rate.It was an electronic meter and i asked him "How did u manage to tamper the electronic meter"..For that ,he replied "Madam ,we need to do this otherwise we can't make money".But i gave him exact change and he was smiling...Good guy.. atleast he agreed that he did something bad..


I met another who took 100 Rs and never returned the balance 30 Rs and i was very angry that day.So i didn't get down the auto and asked him to go to traffic police..He shouted at me and took me to the next stop and took me back..Though i made a big hungama ,none of the passers nearby were ready to help me.What else can i do..So that day i decided to learn Karate or Kalaripayattu so that i can catch his collar and kick him off..Though i learned Kalaripayattu ,i never faced the same situation again:)

Another one dropped me at Suncity and while getting down ,my purse dropped from my hand and i didn't notice..By the time i realized ,he drove very fast and went away..There i was ,without any money :(

Another one dropped my kid's friend ,her mom and her little sister at suncity.They had gone for shopping and while helping her kids to get down ,she had put her bag and the items she purchased in the auto itself.When she turned to take the packets and bag ,this autowala just ignored her and drove very fast..She lost her house keys as well..

Few more who's meters were showing too high but accepted the exact rate when i told them with reasoning..

This story will continue for ever :) ..So Please put down your experiences tooo..

No comments:

Post a Comment