Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Kerala Fish Curry (Easy One)

 Finally i am in a good mood to write something on cooking...I am not an expert in cooking but can cook tasty (my opinion :)) dishes once in a while.. I don't love cooking ..I am a person who just want to finish cooking and come out of kitchen as soon as i can..but i love to experiment when i am in a good mood..I love to call my friends and give big parties but yes only home cooked food :)

All my dishes will have few ingredients not mentioned in the recipe but added by my own..Sometimes it ends up in disaster but many times it just worked fine..After many years of marriage ,my cooking has improved a lot....It started from 0 to now its somewhere in middle..I remember a time when i used to cry only because when i prepare something it was not tasting good and when my hubby prepares something ,it was yummy..I used to cry a lot for these and now i improved a lot and lot and lot to a state where i can prepare many dishes in less time and with good taste...But all these are my opinion :) hahahaha lol:)

So here am trying to put a easy Kerala style Fish Curry..So please try it and see :)
(All the pictures here are taken by me during my own experiment)

 Ingredients:

  1. Fish cut into pieces – 1/2 kg   (I am using Aiyla (Mackerel) )
  2. Fenugreek (Uluva) - one small tsp
  3. Ginger – 1 tbsp
    Garlic – 6 big cloves              (Put more if you are having bad cholesterol)
    Green Chillies – 2                  (Can add more if you need it spicy)
    Shallots (cheriya ulli) – 1 cup
  4. Gamboge(Kodam puli ) – 4   (small)
  5. Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
    Kashmiri Chilly Powder - 1 tsp
  6. Scrapped Coconut  – 1 cup   ( Made as smooth paste)
  7. Curry leaves – 1 or 2 sprigs
  8. Coconut Oil –  As required
  9. Salt – to taste




















Method :-
Cut the ingredients mentioned in  (3) into small pieces













Heat coconut oil in a  Manchatti (pan)..Add Fenugreek(uluva) and saute it for some time ..





 




 Add Ginger,Garlic,Shallots,Green Chillies and Curry Leaves and saute it for some time..Saute it till the shallots turn light brown


 




Now add 2 cups of water along with Gamboge (Kodam puli ) and salt..Let it start to boil..






 Add turmeric powder ,chilly powder (as mentioned in ingredient 5) and fish pieces. Let it boil.







 Add coconut paste and allow it to boil for sometime.You can boil it depending on your use..If you want thick gravy ,then boil it for a long time till masala sticks to the fish pieces otherwise if medium gravy ,then allow it to boil for some time

2 comments:

  1. smitha
    ithu vendaayirunnu....pls dont post such yummy pics...ucha nerathu verum curd + pickle kooti choru kazhichittirikkuva...appozhaa ayla curry...enikku vayya...
    anyways...very good effort..iniyum iniyum recipes poratte :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) hihi:) eppo nalla oru mood..fish kazhikkan thonni..appo kari vachu..annal athu vachu blogum ezhutham ennu vicharichu:)

    ReplyDelete