Thursday, January 17, 2008

DayOut At My Kid's School

Yesterday i went to my kids school .I took leave to go to her school to cheer her up for her Sports day..I reached school at about 10.30 am.Then i saw a list over there about the timings..they had 4 sessions -Yoga ,Fun Games ,Traditional Games and Sports till 1.15 pm.

There was a small shelter set up near to the ground.Myself and Priya sat over there.I saw Manikutty inbetween a group of kids.She was sitting and looking around ..her face brightened up when she saw me..

Kids were so excited about the whole day..they were asked to do yoga -butterfly pose and some other poses which i dont know:) - i saw all smiles in their faces..but everyone was looking at their teachers and repeating the steps properly eventhough teachers were not shouting at them..My thought went back to our home where i need to shout at Manikutty to make her do something..its so different in school..Am i missing something??Am i not able to understand her properly??

Everyone was taking photos..i felt sad as i didnt take my camera along..but surely i will make sure that next time onwards i wont miss it..

After that they had some rest and Prep 1 and Prep2 kids were performing inbetween..We all took a lunch break..ya surely to mention that myself and Priya had nice Aaloo parathas..too good..School is setting up a canteen..i met so many ladies over there who were excited to see the canteen only to say that they dont have to prepare their kids meal nowonwards and they dont have to get up early..Most of them were not working..Are non working women busy than working women??how they feel that preparing a meal for their kid is a burden or is it this way they just wanted to get out their busy schedule and take rest for sometime?

After lunch my kid had running race where they had to pick up a ring and go and put the same in a circle drawn further away..wah..this was the time they were waiting for..they were practising it for more than 1 week..everyone did it perfectly..After that they had fun games which teachers had to conclude as eventhough some kids were out ,they were not ready to go out of the game..so they had to somehow stop it:)But it was really nice to see te kids running again towards their teacher..I felt teachers are too good as i always see the kids clinging to them..i also saw that my kid ran and sat in her teachers lap for sometime and came back..Are we supposed to do that???I was not allowed in my childhood..My kid is enjoying every moment in her life..i was so happy for her..

They had a medal distribution function where each kid was runnnig for taking the medal from their teacher..everyone got medal and they were keeping it so safe..Ofcourse its their first medal in their school life..My kid has kept it safe to show everyone and when someone calls us ,she takes it out as she feels that they can see that through the phone:)Kids are so inncocent..

I met all my kid's friends..and their parents..Finally we came back..It was really an amazing day out for me:)

2 comments:

  1. :)
    thats like nice mom!
    nice writing dear keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could see my feelings in your blog..By the way, u are provoking me to write too

    ReplyDelete