Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dilemma of Working Women

Being a working woman myself , i used to feel guilty every now and then. Manikutty's friend's mother's were all housewife's.This added to my guilty feeling until i came across the saying "All the women who help your child or you like teachers ,daycare ,maids etc are working women themself" .

Once i read about this ,i started feeling much better though every now and then i still get guilty pangs. But whenever guilt stucks me ,i remember this and i will be feeling much better.

Also i see the good habits which my kid got as i am a working woman.Manikutty is independent and takes care of everything by herself from the time she turned four.Mainly because we dont have any support system and myself and Dileep had to take up any thing and everything @ home. Manikutty also feels that she needs to do her part - she helps in cleaning house ,cleans her room,takes bath , puts on dress ,all by herself.

As a mother ,sometimes i feel guilty for her independent nature also :) .Thats part of motherhood.I feel why dont she call me for helping her put on her dress ,why dont she ask me to give her a bath etc etc.So when she is independent ,i want her to be dependent on me and if she is dependent ,i want her to be independent :) She gets irritated sometimes and she asks me a question " you told me to do this all alone and now why are you coming and helping me out"

I feel proud to tell other parents that even having a five year daughter ,I still have time for myself to do whatever i wish for - may be my Ikebana classes ,or my hobbies .These activities helps me tick.This helps me feel that i am ,as an individual enjoying life also enjoying life of being a mother as well as spouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment